Gmail help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello 😔

Ive got a gmail account which gets extremely occasional use. I had an email from a potential customer, which i replied to, and he has since replied again.
This new reply shows in the email inbox, but when i clicked on it, it just shows the original email. Im using gmail on my phone.

Ive tried clinking on both drop down menus but no options to show full email thread ( like on hotmail ) and I did a google which suggested opening up the print option which should show all messages, but it didnt....

Any ideas? Im not technically minded when it comes to computers etc, so bear with me if this is a simple fix!

Thanks, kev

Hi,

Just checking not being rude. Have you scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page on your reply email from your customer. If you haven’t you may find that their reply is present below your message as the entire conversation between the two of you is presented chronolgically; in other words the newest emails are presented below the older ones

Hi,

Just checking not being rude. Have you scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page on your reply email from your customer. If you haven’t you may find that their reply is present below your message as the entire conversation between the two of you is presented chronolgically; in other words the newest emails are presented below the older ones
The most recent dialogue is presented first. Scroll down to see the whole history.
Brian

Hi,

Hi, yep i looked top, bottom, sideways 😆
In the end i gave up, emailed him explaining that I couldn't seem to get accrss to his reply. He then resent the email which showed up normally. No problems since.

I have absolutely no idea what/ why that happened.... All ok now, thanks fir the replies!

Thare are all kinds of 'spam' controls and some will reject no header, no content or certain kinds of content or attachments - even down to character strings in the email. Another is 'flood control' - if a server sees a lot of similar email coming at the same time from the same place(s) it simply filters them out. Its their way of stopping attacks that try to overload their systems. (imagine someone sent you 10,000 emails a second ....). Your sender won't have done that but their email might have passed through an outgoing server that got blacklisted temporarily for some unrelated reason. We might think that emails go from A to B, but of you look at all lines of email headers you realise they pass through many steps.

I accept that some emails go adrift and also accept that most times I will never know why :)

Latest posts

Back