Gluing Rubber to Wood?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a rubber seal that I want to glue directly to a door rebate, any recommendations? should I use epoxy, double sided tape? hide glue? so many options.

I’ve used something like this in the past to glue rubber strips to the bottom of makita planer base

Attachments

• F70AA35E-7306-43ED-8C11-746DC62A9A5D.jpeg
    F70AA35E-7306-43ED-8C11-746DC62A9A5D.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
Starbond do a flexible super glue, I used it to fix the sole on one of my trainers, worked really well. I was initially sceptical as "normal " super glue would have definitely gone crispy and cracked off but this flexible stuff was great.

Ollie

I have always found that most glues will stick to wood but very few stick to rubber, glass, ceramics, metal, etc. So find a glue that sticks well to the non-cooperative one first and it’ll probably stick fine to the wood.

I don’t know how much you are doing but MB Fibreglass sell some excellent two part casting rubbers which I reckon would definitely do the job if contact adhesive won’t.

Good luck.

CT1, run a bead and wang on the seal. Mind you, you wont be able to get it off again if you need to.

Back