Glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Hughes

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I’m looking for advice/guidance on CA glues. Is the Titebond range of glues just a renamed superglue?
I want a quick set glue for small items, sometimes I occupy myself by making wooden toys etc.
It is almost impossible to cramp sometimes, and takes to much time to stand there using normal white woodglue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Petw

Superglue plus accelerator would be my choice. Mitremate is good. I make a lot of maquettes in my work, and superglue is what I use for them. It seems to last pretty well. I have had a few joints fail, but they were where there was quite a small area of contact, a position where any glued butt joint would likely fail. The photo is of a 1/5 scale maquette that I made 20 years ago.

Attachments

• skylon maquette 2.JPG
    skylon maquette 2.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 16
No, none of them are CA type glues. You can get more info on each type here. What you are probbably after really is to use a CA glue and then apply activator which causes an almost instant reaction with CA and makes it set

Back