Glue up muti wood panel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMarko

Reaction score
i'm new to the forum( long time lurker)
making a multi wood panel, its only about 700mm x 1000mm but im making it with oak, walnut and maple, as follows oak, walnut ,maple ,walnut, maple, walnut , oak, can i ask if it would be better to do the glue up in sections or do the whole lot as one, (the walnut sections are only 25mm wide).
What would you do?
any help would be great. Thank you

How you do it depends on your skills and available tools.

If you have sash clamps and are using a few biscuits for alignment I would do it in one hit.

You need in 5 clamps ideally for a good job, 3 below, 2 above.

If you dont use something to help with alignment you will struggle......wet glue means the joints slide as the pressure is applied. You can minimise that by clamping timbers top and bottom, but its awkward.

Thank you for the reply,

ive got enough sash clamps, but i think i will take your advice and add timbers top and bottom to help keep it all flat.

MrMarko":tea82p4o said:
....... i will take your advice and add timbers top and bottom to help keep it all flat.

Wrap them in cling film first, otherwise you'll be bashing them off with a hammer the following morning.

Back