Glue Spreaders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
The is for the laminating fraternity.

Not one to go and randomly buy tools, I have been looking at the accessories that go with the air press and note that the glue spreader comes in at 70GBP, now I know this will give you a uniform spread of glue, but is there something I'm missing becasue the price seems awfully high.

Does anyone have one, are they worth it? if not how do you apply your glue.

And is there any other things I will need outside of the standard air press package?

Any help appreciated

The glue spreader that you are talking about is probably this one http://shop.instant-shop.com/bagpress/p ... 70374.html

If you are going to do a lot of veneer work then it may very well be worth the cost, but if you are only going to be using it now and again, then there are far cheaper ways to achieve the same end, such as using a spatula to spread the glue evenly.
I am sure that other members will have their own ideas to share with you.

Regards

Woody

Waka,

You don't need a fancy glue spreader. I use a scrap of veneer to roughly spread it about then a foam roller to get it even. Actually a toothed spreader like the sort you get with impact adhesive works pretty well too.

Laminating uses more glue than you will be used to in joinery. I buy mine 5 litres at a time from Hallmark Fraulo http://www.hallmarkfraulo.co.uk/acatalo ... e__10.html

I use the 5199 PVA on this page.

Not really the glue spreader your talking about, but i use one for appling the contact adhesive for plastic laminate. They are around £50 but the increase in productivityis amazing, plus you don't waste loads.

But if it's the PVA glue rollers your talking about, them yes they are very useful if you have alot of gluing to do, but if only a little then not worth the money. Just have to remember to clean them off after use

Andy

I use one of these, just fill it up from the gallon bottle of titebond, comes with a cap to keep the air out when the roller is not in use.

But this is what you really need :D :D

Jason

Thanks for the advise guys, very helpful and cost effective, now what can I get for 70GBP :D :D :D

jasonB":fnst62cx said:
But this is what you really need :D :D
Jason

Jason, thats some glue system their selling, wonder how m,any of them they shift in a year?

Back