Glue removal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs6mra

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone please advice as to how I can best go about removing the glue in this bench? I’m thinking chisel and hammer but I’m concerned about weakening the structure. What makes it ackward is tiny hole I have to get it out from.

Attachments

• 04A5BAF2-6702-40A5-B127-358B0ED8C989.jpeg
    04A5BAF2-6702-40A5-B127-358B0ED8C989.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 77
A sharp chisel is your best option unless you want to go down the router route.That splintered bit can simply be glued back in place. Is it a Lutyens bench ?

Yes, it is a Lutyens bench. I hadn't thought of the router but that might be tricky to get into.
Yes, you would need to knock off the end to gain access. I see they are blind mortises so I would make a matching template and use a top bearing mounted cutter to clean it all out. If you make an accurate template the mortise will not enlarge. I presume you will use the existing slats to go back into them. ?

The plan is to use the existing slats that are firmly fixed at the other end. The router option you mentioned would take me forever to do and it got me thinking about buying a 10mm blade for my multi-tool to clean it out. That together with a chisel might do the trick........

Latest posts

Back