glue on my clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a grand total of 4 clamps :( ... 2 bessey kbody and 2 bessy uniclamps. But the uniclamps are dirving me nuts, they keep jamming cause of some glue thats got on the rails. Whats the best way of getting it off? Its just pva but its stuck pretty good. The kbodies dont seem to mind the glue but they could do with some tlc as well.

Tom

Knife, chisel, any edge will remove the glue. It'll just flick off.

Noel

Like Noely said..... I'll add that giving your clamps a wipe down with a damp cloth as soon as you're thru with em should prevent it happening again...

tombo":2hi5ts7f said:
I have a grand total of 4 clamps :( ... 2 bessey kbody and 2 bessy uniclamps. But the uniclamps are dirving me nuts, they keep jamming cause of some glue thats got on the rails. Whats the best way of getting it off? Its just pva but its stuck pretty good. The kbodies dont seem to mind the glue but they could do with some tlc as well.

Tom

Do you want to borrow my angle grinder :D

I was reading David Charlesworth's Furniture Making Techniques Vol 1 the other day (I know, I know... one day I'll do some proper woodwork :roll: :) ) and he recommended shaping old toothbrush handles into scrapers for removing excess glue! Plastic on metal (or wood) is less prone to cause scratches.

Gill

sage words, no matter how stupid my question there are always good answers... Paste wax and toothbrushes for that whiter smile :wink:
if these two uniclamps dont clean up though they are going on ebay

Tom

Back