Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Glue and more Glue, so what do you use?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Spectric

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Well I have probably taken glue for granted and I dare say I am not the only one , ever since being recomended Titebond 3 that is what I have used for woodworking and never questioned the choice, whilst for general construction jobs I always use Sikaflex EBT but whilst looking for kitchen ideas I have seen several videos discussing different glues for woodworking, Titebond, Soudal HB, Elmers, Permabond, Stixall, Maxitek and even Gorilla glue.

Then you can get a bewildering array of data

So what are peoples go to glues ? What do you like and what do you avoid?

kevinlightfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
I now avoid Cascamite it has let me down a couple of times,difficult to mix and nothing like the old stuff I could rely on.No idea why they changed it.

Spectric

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of products used to be so much better than their current incarnation, Red Oxide paint and Creosote are now a waste of time and like so many products they have been made cleaner and safer just a shame their quality has suffered. I used to love the smell of a freshly painted room, all those fragrant fumes.

Keith 66

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Titebond 3 for joinery. West epoxy for boatwork & i still use Aerolite 306 for masts & spars.
Doing a lot of boatwork i dont use Polyurethane glues like gorrilla as they are not reliable & have no uv restistance.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I use wudcare PVA, not the fast setting version, it usually gives you about 15-20 mins open time and has worked even for outdoor stuff, the everbuild 502 seems to work ok but it's a bit thick/gloopy, I'd use it if I had nothing else but I found it was quite messy and not long enough open time.

clogs

just can't decide
Reaction score
I just use a PVA, normal and water resistant.....
anything else rough wood and a screw get a Polyurethen glue....750mil for €8 euros.....as good as Gorilla glue....
Titebond etc is not available on the island....
lastley on the odd occ epoxy.....even Lidils when it comes in....

Latest posts