Gloat: Lie-Nielsen cabinetmaker's dovetail chisel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think nobody will notice the drive-by gloat of those Bessey clamps in the background, Frank.

;)

Gill

Tsk, look at the edge on that. What is it with people wanting super-sharp edges like that on chisels...? :roll: I was going to get one of them, but I couldn't get the rosewood handle I wanted, so I signed up for a pre-production L-N hammer instead. You know, the one designed for nails that have their heads at the wrong end.

Cheers, Alf

Who also tends to hit the shellac bottle on bad days...

Alf":2mz1nixu said:

Ahh - shellac. An impertinent little number, with a good nose, robust flavour and an excellent finish... :D

I'm sorry, I really am, I just couldn't resist.... #-o [-X :oops:

Alf":1nr514bu said:
Tsk, look at the edge on that. What is it with people wanting super-sharp edges like that on chisels...? :roll: I was going to get one of them, but I couldn't get the rosewood handle I wanted, so I signed up for a pre-production L-N hammer instead. You know, the one designed for nails that have their heads at the wrong end.

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf -

I can send you some of those nails.... the last box I bought had about half with the heads at the opposite end... sending 'em to you would be cheaper than sending 'em to Australia....

Cheers -

Rob

About half a box? Wow, sometimes I get whole boxes with only one or two like that and the rest are the regular variety. Or at least that's the case when I open them first. Sometimes I open up the other end and it's changed to the complete opposite. Really spooky. 8-[

Talking of Australia, I'm pretty sure Joel's Negative Angle Plane would work particularly well on Aussie timbers. Approaching them from the natural direction, as it does. I think you might have missed a patent opportunity there you know. #-o :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Oh no!

If that's a LN chisel, what on earth have i been hacking off
render with?.........

TX

ps Philly wrote
I must order one of those pronto!!
Cheers
Yea right, you've already got the set :roll:

Back