Glazing Beads

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twothumbs

Established Member
Reaction score
I am about to make up some external beads for double glazing before I strip out the existing redwood ones....about 18 years old. They are in a very exposed position and would like to renew them in wood more durable than r/w. Any suggestions please on current suitable bead wood? I can run them myself to suit, or I could buy them in from merchants if they carry decent beading.
The present ones are pinned in and will probaly split on removal or at least split the first one, so probably renew all the beads bottom, sides and top. Help appreciated once again. Best wishes.

Hello twothumbs

To my knowledge merchants don't carry a great range of products for this application.

Cheap durable is Idigbo,

Mega durable but more expensive would Accoya.

I know we have a stock amount of our standard bead. If you speak to a joiner local to you chances are they would have some or would run out some extra the next time they are making some.

My apologies for not getting back sooner. Thanks for the help and ideas. I wlil go and speak to a local guy who may help.........and get on with the work. Best wishes to you both.

Latest posts

Back