Glazed units

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamM

Reaction score
I am approaching the end of a casement windows project and am looking for doubled glazed units. Does anyone have advice on a good UK supplier? Thanks, Adam

Unless you know exactly what you want it might be easier to check some local suppliers who can give some advice as well, there's plenty around.
I don't know how much you need but delivery could be pricey as well.

Cheers!

Ferenc

I use Treforest glass for slim heritage units.
If they are standard 24 or 28mm units almost any double glazing supplier should be able to do them.

Ollie

I am approaching the end of a casement windows project and am looking for doubled glazed units. Does anyone have advice on a good UK supplier? Thanks, Adam
I think you're somewhere in Hampshire? County Glass in Winchester have been good in the past.

For standard units I find a local supplier will normally be cheaper and faster if you can pick up yourself.

You could try VIG Vacuum Insulated Glazing units.

Been around for some years, but still VERY new to the UK glazing trade. The space between the panes is just 0.3mm. So the whole unit can be 8.3mm thick. They're significantly [20% to 50%] more expensive than conventional DG units. But much easier to fit into sashes.

Thermal insulation and noise reduction are equivalent to conventional Triple Glazing.

And they last a LOT longer - particularly than "Slim" DG units, which frequently fail within 3 years. The guarantee is typically between 10 and 25 years.

Look for: Pilkington 'Spacia'; ACG 'Fineo'; or Landvac China.

You could try VIG Vacuum Insulated Glazing units.

Been around for some years, but still VERY new to the UK glazing trade. The space between the panes is just 0.3mm. So the whole unit can be 8.3mm thick. They're significantly [20% to 50%] more expensive than conventional DG units. But much easier to fit into sashes.

Thermal insulation and noise reduction are equivalent to conventional Triple Glazing.

And they last a LOT longer - particularly than "Slim" DG units, which frequently fail within 3 years. The guarantee is typically between 10 and 25 years.

Look for: Pilkington 'Spacia'; ACG 'Fineo'; or Landvac China.

This stuff does look interesting but I have yet to see any in person. I would like to see how obvious the little spacers are and not sure about the little cap that covers the vacuum hole, some people moan about a feint toughened mark on their glass so not sure how that cap will go down.

This stuff does look interesting but I have yet to see any in person. I would like to see how obvious the little spacers are and not sure about the little cap that covers the vacuum hole, some people moan about a feint toughened mark on their glass so not sure how that cap will go down.
I've got a sample. I've lent it to the local Council Planning Department, to persuade them to allow DG on Listed Buildings. The little glass pills are not very obvious; you see them only when you look at the right angle, and they catch the light somewhat. Otherwise not noticeable. The cap for the evacuation IS obvious. So the trick is to put into the least visible corner.

Latest posts

Back