Glass deep cleaning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flh801978

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend whose wife has opened a cake shop/cafe
The premises previously were a hairdressers with large signwriting in the windows stuck on letters type of thing
The lettering has been removed with a mixture of blade and peeling and then a variety of solvents and to all intents the glass is now spotless to look at and to touch
However when the windows condensed up the previous lettering can be clearly seen.

Has anyone any ideas on what to use to clean the window so it doesnt happen?

Ian

Try a mild abrasive eg brasso on a small area of the glass that was underneath the letters

Brian

Depends on how long the signs were on the glass for? Plus the location. Don't forget glass like everything else weathers. So what you are seeing might be newer protected glass compared to weathered glass. So you might have to sit it out.

I'd wondered about this too, as in our bathroom the mirror suffers the same issue - can look spotless - even after using a good glass cleaner, plus I've even tried limescale remover; but soon as it steams up you can see where all the previous water spots that had been left to dry were, it's practically a jackson pollock. It doesn't actually get in the way, it's just an odd phenomena I thought.

Back