Glad someone is standing up to it ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
... talking on the phone whilst ordering. here. This morning there was a customer in the Post Office nattering on her phone and more or less ignoring the counter clerk trying to serve her.

RogerP":36q1ed3z said:
... talking on the phone whilst ordering. here. This morning there was a customer in the Post Office nattering on her phone and more or less ignoring the counter clerk trying to serve her.

Abominable manners I agree. Its not that I am anti mobile phones - its just that I think they are the devils toys and should be banned from public places! :twisted:

However, in our post office the problem is more like to be on the other side of the counter! The staff frquently chat to each other while you stand there like chips. They also answer the phone if it rings while they are serving you! When that happens I say - quite loudly - "excuse me, I was here before whoever is on the phone - can we finish my business first?"

Me - a grumpy old git? Of course and happy with it :D .

Richard

thomvic":9h5xhd8k said:
RogerP":9h5xhd8k said:

Abominable manners I agree. Its not that I am anti mobile phones - its just that I think they are the devils toys and should be banned from public places! :twisted:

However, in our post office the problem is more like to be on the other side of the counter! The staff frquently chat to each other while you stand there like chips. They also answer the phone if it rings while they are serving you! When that happens I say - quite loudly - "excuse me, I was here before whoever is on the phone - can we finish my business first?"

Richard

+10000000000000000000 =; O:)

thomvic":2cueyzo6 said:
They also answer the phone if it rings while they are serving you!

Richard

That is very annoying, I agree, however.... some companies, retail usually, have rules about how long a phone can ring before being answered and the staff get grief if they don't pick up in time.

studders":1lmn69l3 said:
thomvic":1lmn69l3 said:
They also answer the phone if it rings while they are serving you!

Richard

That is very annoying, I agree, however.... some companies, retail usually, have rules about how long a phone can ring before being answered and the staff get grief if they don't pick up in time.

Mr S I think that it is most rude of you to post a message before I had a chance to post mine :evil: You old muppet.

Anyway I have to say that up here in Scotland (I'm English) on a number of occasions (in a post office or store) I heard a mobile phone ring, and the owner if they do not turn it off, he or she have stepped aside to let other customer though while they answer the phone. I am not saying that they are all like this, but its good to see that some are. =D>

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":app9v2pr said:
Mr S I think that it is most rude of you to post a message before I had a chance to post mine :evil: You old muppet.
Cheers

Mike

Just think of me as your 'warm up man' Mike. :D

me and my missus were at an estate agents the other week discussing selling a property and whilst the agent was talking to us both as we were sat down the other side of his desk, my wifes phone received a text and she proceeded to text a reply, I didnt half give her an earful....

thomvic":3r87rsih said:
RogerP":3r87rsih said:

Richard

Problem is, public places tend to be where they are needed most, when you are getting on in years. :wink:
Having said that, I switch mine off when I go into any premises; hospitals dentist's etc.
But it does seem as if you are expected to answer a mobile the second anyone calls you, or risk being accused of 'trying to avoid me?' :D

As annoying as they are I can live with it most
of the time. What I really hate is the dangerous
prats who drive around town with said phone
clamped to the ear with one hand and gesturing
with the other. I have reported a couple of these
morons to the police. :twisted: :evil:

Back