Give some ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper

Established Member
Reaction score
Being in my mid eighties and having just got my new BS300E bandsaw I'm keen to get going. As a hobby I've always done woodwork and I remember over seventy years ago going to woodwork lessons at school and still remember the basic rules Mr. Woodrow taught us (that really was is name). He was real character, if he caught you talking he would lob a block of wood at you that would sail over your head and bounce of the wall, wouldn't happen today eh. Also if you cut yourself he'd want to know how you did it, if it was an accident he would wash it and put a plaster on, If he thought you'd been careless he'd pour iodine on it and that pretty much insured you wouldn't do it again in a hurry, bless the little darlings today.

Anyhow enough of all this rambling, I've never had a bandsaw so would like some project to keep me occupied and really fancy a go at some bandsaw boxes. I'm sure if I googled it I would find some basic's but if anyone could give me some tips on how to get started I would appreciate that. I've got plenty of 70mx70m square section which I guess could be glued together to practice on before using ant decent timber.

I invested in three Tuff Saw blades, 1/4" x 6TPI, a 1/2" x 6TPI and a 5'8" x 3TPI, would these be OK to get started?

Would be glad of any help or advice.

The Bandsaw Book by Mark Duginske is old but still very useful if you are looking for ideas and maintenance tips. A thinner blade, even as small as 1/8th may be useful if you want to make the more intricate boxes.
I see tuffsaws website is down at the moment, I can highly recommend Trucut in Ross on Wye as well.
Have fun with your new machine

The Bandsaw Book by Mark Duginske is old but still very useful if you are looking for ideas and maintenance tips. A thinner blade, even as small as 1/8th may be useful if you want to make the more intricate boxes.
I see tuffsaws website is down at the moment, I can highly recommend Trucut in Ross on Wye as well.
Have fun with your new machine
This has been made available for the last few months on youtube.;)
Probably the best bandsaw video ever made!

Good luck with the new machine
All the best

Tom

Back