Give me an idea of what to make next....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, bradawl isn't such a bad suggestion. Good bradawls seem difficult to come by these days, mainly because most people use small drills much more than used to be the case.

Maybe it's time to revive the bradawl - a range of sizes to suit numers 2, 4 and 6 screws, say.

Small adjustable combination square (6"), doesnt need measurement markings on it just accurate 90 and 45. No crappy ally ruler, no rust fast steel ruler, smooth action and locking nut that holds well with no slip. Wood inlay where you hold it for comfort and looks and maybe a holder for a tiny marking knife (think mini version of Dereks marking knife).

I couldnt afford it at all but by pineapples would I like one.

(Guess what tool is giving me the ball ache today :) )

FWIW

No skills":13mmlyyj said:
Small adjustable combination square (6"), doesnt need measurement markings on it just accurate 90 and 45. No crappy ally ruler, no rust fast steel ruler, smooth action and locking nut that holds well with no slip. Wood inlay where you hold it for comfort and looks and maybe a holder for a tiny marking knife (think mini version of Dereks marking knife).

I couldnt afford it at all but by pineapples would I like one.

(Guess what tool is giving me the ball ache today :) )

FWIW

Something like this

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/ ... quare.html

Yum, Yum!!

A plane screwdriver is the next hand tool im gonna make .
Annoys the heck out me every time i sharpen an iron and im lookin for a suitable thick enough piece of steel
and theirs never a screwdriver big enough or affordable .
Id like to say ill make one next week .... mabye
who knows ?

tomasg":3it11qez said:
A plane screwdriver is the next hand tool im gonna make .
Annoys the heck out me every time i sharpen an iron and im lookin for a suitable thick enough piece of steel
and theirs never a screwdriver big enough or affordable .
Id like to say ill make one next week .... mabye
who knows ?

I use mine almost every day I'm in the shop.

DSC_0212.JPG

Jim

The one thing I have been found wanting for a while (I haven't looked for any) is a set of decent "cabinet makers" screwdrivers. Not just flat heads but philips and pozidrive and maybe square drive (for pocket screws). Not interchangeable ones but individual ones with tips made to last.

what about a tiny dovetail chisel set- 1/16" 3/16". I think that there is only Blue Spruce producing these.

Back