Giffgaff phone service- any comments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a service provider for an unlocked I-phone and have come across Giffgaff.

It runs on the O2 network and the package I like to look of offers 250 minutes, unlimited texts, and more importantly to me unlimited data for £10 per month.

This seems better than anything else I've found in the £10/month market as most of those offer a maximum of 1Gb data and various mixes of texts and calls.

I can't see any catches but I am new to the world of mobile phone deals :shock: so I just wondered if anyone here is using them?

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags

TIA

Bob

Hi Bob.

My 20yr old son has this Giffgaff package. All his Uni mates are on it (and you know how tight students are!!). So far no nasty surprises.

Roy

Thanks Roy,
If it is 'student proof' then that says a lot.
I just need to check that it is 'pensioner proof too' :lol:
Bob

I know people "in the know" who use it and like and recommend it.

I chose to stick with O2 at £11.50/month (£5/month discount because I've been with them for years) because gift gaff doesn't support the visual voicemail of the iPhone and I've had good service from O2.
A quick google will find alternatives though.

Thanks Pete,

All sounds good so far and I have just found out that any unused credit rolls over to subsequent months for up to 6 months which seems loads better than most payg deals.

I think they will soon have another customer.

Bob

I have used them for about 9 months. I don't use my mobile much so just get the pay-as-you-go credits rather than the packages. Never had a problem.

Back