Getting Utile near Manchester

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich C

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of a supplier of Utile near Manchester? I've been through the sticky, but they're mostly miles away (the closest being Hymor in Stoke). I did try Trafford Timber who have it listed, but they have no stock for a month or two, so that's a bust.

you could try Atlantic timber in Altrincham but I can't promise anything, they seem to be cutting down on there decent timber stock by all accounts.

tree station in gorton are good, not sure if they'd have utile but they might, worth phoning them and asking.

thetyreman":2ew9fwhe said:
tree station in gorton are good, not sure if they'd have utile but they might, worth phoning them and asking.
Tree station are local stuff only, so no chance. :(

Atlantic is worth a shot - I've used them before for ply, didn't realise they had less common hardwoods. Seems from their website, probably not: "We stock three species of timber suitable for joinery work, Pine, Sapele and Oak."

Hymor have stock, £45+VAT per cube, which seems a good price, so they're my backup.

They used to. not sure how much they do now as they seem to have moved towards DIY stuff a lot more (not been in for about a year now). give em a bell I guess.

I did a run down to Hymor this morning. Actually not that bad - about 40 minutes each way.

Excellent yard, they have a great selection of timber there and were very helpful.

Back