Getting rid of sawdust

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a long funnel down each trouser leg, which are then connected to my back pack on my back and let the saw dust trickle out as I walk along through the fields, and it goes back to we’re it actually came from the earth, I call it the Great Escape.
Ha ha. Sounds like a plan to me!

Interesting, I have had wood shavings and wood off cuts refused to be collected in my green bin. However, a quick phone call to the council and an explanation that wood shavings and wood off cuts come from trees, and therefore is allowed in my green bin saw the bin team sent out to come and make good their error. Not had any issues subsequently. I don’t put in commercial wood waste just that generated in my home-workshop.

Anyone keeping chickens at home seems to always welcome saw dust and shavings.

Apparently, spreading wood-chips (so presumably shavings) over sandy and clay soil over the years vastly improves the composition of the soil in gardens.

we foster abandoned puppies, just got the last 7 from 2 days old to 12 weeks and almost ready to leave....u try getting them all together for a photo.....lol....
IMG_1669.JPG

Woody, Gracie,Hank,Basil n Sandy...
we never have enough saw dust and or shavings.....
just an idea...

all the big joinery shops around me seem to have briquette machines. they sell bags of them. maybe they would swap my sawdust for a few bags of briquettes.

Back