Getting Jiggy with it....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Had a little jig making spree in the shop on the weekend. Must be something in the air.......
First up- a new shooting board. My old one was getting a bit tired and the fence was worn. Bit of MDF and some maple later and Voila! Few test cuts and tweaks to get things happy and that was that.
Next up- a new saw bench hook. Mdf and some mahogany offcuts-bang! I added a front fence for using Japanese saws as well as the standard rear fence. Yet again my old one was looking a bit worn (read "totally ruined" :roll: )
A few minutes later and I was making a fresh featherboard. Great for router table, bandsaw and tablesaws, this one out of pine took a couple of minutes to knock up but makes life easier (and safer!!) when machining.

jigs.jpg

A few minutes after taking this picture I converted my beech marking gauge into a pencil marking gauge. An hour of mucho productivity, I am now feeling a lot better. :lol:
If you are still using jigs that have seen better days treat yourself to some new (and improved) ones-you know it makes sense! :D
Cheers
Philly :D

Nice ones Philly, is that allyou did over the weekend?

A featherboard is on my list for the TS, might get around to it this week.

Hi Waka
No, the weekend was busy. Took Little Madam to a birthday party Sunday and Big Madam house-hunting Saturday. Yes, I was glad to get back to work......... :roll:
Oh, did a little bit more on this......
Cheers

Philly,
You are making great progress.

I am puzzled though by your lacewood which looks different from what I think of as lacewood - shown below:-

lacewood-1_1.jpg

Chris
I believe it is "London Plane", although it was marked up "Lacewood". Looks like quartered Sycamore.
I also have some timber that looks exactly like your sample-it was marked up "Ropala Lacewood".
Cheers

Hey Philly.....nice sneeky gloat with that very large pack of hardwood in the background in your "Cutting the Tenons" section of your Drinks Cabinet project! :) Looks like the wrapping from British Hardwoods......?

SimonA

Back