getting a square cut on ends of floorboards/

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micks

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all i was given some oak tounge and groove flooring 4"x3/4" which a neibour thought might be suitable for my kitchen floor,

decided flooring did not suite my kitchen style, so wish to lay the flooring in my loft.

as loft flooring joists are 500mm and 700mm spacings , and oak flooring lengths are short i have a lot of cutting to do.

i have tried cutting the boards to reqired lengths,using hard toothed saw,which is hard work, a jigsaw with guide battern , but cannot achieve a nice square cut on the ends.

tried a wickes mitre saw this is ok but hard going.

jigsaw blade just wanders from side of battern,or using freehand tends to give a curved cut rather than square,

this is getting annoying so is there a easy way of doing this, as i dont own a power mitre saw .

thank you

Why is the mitre sawe hard work? I've laid flooring in two properties with my crosscut mitre saw....90 degrees every time..knife and butter springs to mind :lol:

maybe the wickes mitre saw isnt a powered one?
my choice would be sliding compound mitre saw (powered)

thanks all for replies the wickes mitre saw is a manual vertion.

i have been meaning to finish off boarding my loft for quite some time, as i got the oak flooring for nothing,

and i needed a few items anyway have ordered a powered compound mitre saw from screwfix at £40 which should make life easier for this job and things i plan to do in the future.

thank you

Back