getting a complex

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
Over the last 12 months or so almost every post I have tried in answering someones thread has failed to come up. I have managed to post one or two new threads for myself but again the majority have failed. I have reached a point where quite honestly I just don't even try most of the time and (providing this appears) am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.

Pete

Bodrighy":1z916r2x said:
Over the last 12 months or so almost every post I have tried in answering someones thread has failed to come up. I have managed to post one or two new threads for myself but again the majority have failed. I have reached a point where quite honestly I just don't even try most of the time and (providing this appears) am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.

Pete

I have had it quite a few times, it is tedious to type the same thing over again and mostly don't bother.

Regards

Strange that Pete, there have been a few times when there has been some sticky toffee in the system coming my way but nothing that I've seen that would account for regular lack of server response.

I've been having probs like yours Pete for ages so when i do make a post i have to copy it first now just in case it doesn't post,but as you say i sort of gave up in the end bothering.

I have tried three times tonight to answer a thread, each time nothing. Sod's law I'll be fine on this one LOL. Good to hear I am not alone though, thought maybe it was payback time for all those postings I had in the early days LOL.

Pete

Not seen you post from the current IP before Pete. see PM for details.
Did have a spate of members deleted duplicated posts over the the last few days so that's an indication that things are not all well.

The last 12 months I have been accessing via my phone. At the moment I am at another location so have access to another computer. All very complicated LOL. I assumed that the problem I was having was because I had to use my phone as a router but then having had the same problem tonight made me wonder.

Pete

Pete

What can and does happen sometimes

1 , You read a post

2, You are typing a reply and press submit

3, If someone else has replied to the post , if this happens you then have to press submit again or your post will not show

Its happened to me a few times

No trouble posting normally though :lol:

I had a few problems when I joined but of late, everything has been fine and I don't bother copying as I go any more.

I post from three different Macs and did it on the dreaded PC when I was in hospital so it doesn't seem to be a Mac/PC type problem.

Hope you get it sorted, your posts are always worth seeing.

It's that cheery engineer who spilt his hot chocolate all over the patch panel I expect.

The cobwebs joining it all together do seem to be having a problem maintaining a reasonable service of late, with various ISP's and Telephone service providers taking it in turns to have a few hours non co-operation with their neighbours.

SEE !!!! thats what made me give up woodturning , :lol: :lol: the only time I had trouble was posting pictures . :oops: :oops:
I think once in the five years (almost) that I have been a member have I had a problem .I thought at the time that maybe me post
was not interesting enough :roll: and the Mods. blocked it :evil: :evil: But now I know that would not be the case 8) 8)
Seriously though :mrgreen: it must be a pain when it happens ,hopefully things will sort themselves out and all will be happy.

Good idea that saving the file :idea: never thought of that . But that would be the same as not having it posted as if I saved it I'd
never find it again . :lol: :lol: #-o #-o

Keep at it Pete always worth a look and a read .

boysie39":2vt6ysgs said:
Good idea that saving the file :idea: never thought of that . But that would be the same as not having it posted as if I saved it I'd never find it again .
When I say save Eugene, I don't mean to a document or anything complex. Just select your text, right click and 'copy'. This will hold it in memory until you need it again. If the post dies for some reason, you can just right click and 'paste' and your original will miraculously reappear. If you subsequently copy anything it will replace the previous one so be careful :D

Just to add a bit of balance.

I've never had a problem on this site in fact it is extremely fast and my posts always go up first time.

I'm using a PC running Linux and Firefox and my connection is 30mb fibre-optic hard-wired directly to my router.

phil.p":c0aj519p said:
oddly enough, i've just had a post go through o.k., and then disappear!

In which topic ? was it appropriate for the thread etc.

I've not been monitoring for a few days but posts may be removed if they are deemed inappropriate by a mod, IE. general chat or comment in a for sale thread for instance.

Latest posts

Back