Get anything nice (Woody) for Christmas?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
I actually got something woody this year:

Steve's "Workshop Essentials 7&8"

and something that's on it's way - after they have been hardened:

rodsstamps003.jpg

Rod

One advantage of having family in the USA - Christmas present from daughter included a (signed!) copy of Stephen Shepherd's book on Hide Glue (fascinating reading if restoration is your thing) and a 3ml tube of Loctite 380 to repair the rubber antivib mount on my chainsaw.
(could buy the Loctite in 50ml quantities locally, or at £7 plus £8 p&P :( via the web. Costs under $5 in the US, and and adds nothing to postage cost of parcel with rest of family presents. Hmmmm)

I got this:

book.jpg

Hooray!

Good looking stamps Rod. I'll be interested to see how they perform, especially the one on the left.

I have a trial stamping for approval on a piece of boxwood - done before hardening so not bashed too hard.
They look good.
Will take some photos when I get the finished stamps.

Rod

The missus spoilt me this year. She gave me a full set of plough irons (Hildick, Marples, Maitheson) in a roll she made herself, a Sorby 3/8” mortise chisel, and a small wood and brass level:

DSC_8530.jpg

And this:

DSC_8537.jpg

And not woody, but workshop related, a set of Moore & Wright war department issue radii gauges:

DSC_8533.jpg

loads of wood stuff this christmas i love axminster and a few unwanted suprizes

keg pocket hole drill and screws
axminster forsner bit set
mortice drill chuck attachment
feather boards

the kids got new scooters and wife got a broken arm when she fell off my daughters back to the fracture clinic to day

Jacob, don't read any further ....................................................

I got a set of five Lie Nielsen chisels in a very posh roll.
Chisels.jpg
:D

Mick

Attachments

• Chisels.jpg
    Chisels.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 111
I bought myself a yankee screwdriver from Rutlands. Just to let you all know, they describe it as a "Dakota" and "German made" but nothing else about its provenance. As I suspected, it turned out to be a Schroder. Very nice quality.

hunggaur":5ki4l73e said:
l
mortice drill chuck attachment

Me too :ho2

How are you getting on with it? Mine went back to Axi after 20 mins of use for a bit of fettling with emery cloth after it started "binding" and stalled the morticer motor. Works fine now :)

Hope your wife is recovering well!

My missus bought me 4 x F clamps, 2x sash clamps, a mikita jigsaw and a 1/4" router bit set. God bless her, suppose i'll have to make her something now (hammer)

Bandsaw blade from Tuffsaws, (Daughter) Two router cutters from Wealden tools, (Son)

My family think I've lost it.........

Andy

I chose mine (was given a Maxwell by family!), but that doesn't mean they're not very much appreciated:
A biscuit jointer and cordless impact driver (already have the rest of the set).
I've got to wait for the jointer as they're presently out of stock, but Axminster were happy to take an order at the old price, for which I'm very grateful. I think Far Eastern origin tools will go up a lot this year.

A happy bunny, me!

E.

Latest posts

Back