Gert big plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was all black could have been a B2 or F117 both are a bit different in shape to "normal" aircraft in that they ar both very triangular when seen from the ground

Could it have been Nicola Sturgeon - perhaps on a broomstick - moving the Submarines (they're large and black) from Faslane to George Osborne's back garden :lol:

Hi,
It was the same shape/size as the normal passenger jets but was black and noisier, I spoke to our nearest farmer today as he was building a new fence when it went over and he confirmed that I wasn't seeing things :cool:
Sturgeons jet is pink same as Alex Salmonds lol

B-52, perhaps? Not sure if there are any based over here anymore :?

Military transports are big and often based on airliners but are not usually black but Grey. Could have been a Boeing C17 GlobeMaster or a Lockheed C5 Galaxy, both are pretty big.

c17a_mickbajcar.jpg

Lockheed_C-5_Galaxy_538715_i0.jpg

Gareth the bottom one looks just like it and regarding colour with the light behind it does look black :cool: looks like you have solved it
Cheers
Brian

Something like that might have heading to Prestick? Lots of US military aircraft seem to stop there to refuel.

Living in Dumfries and Galloway it's always amazing to see aircraft flying so low. Recently I was out in a small fishing boat with a friend on a small loch. We heard this loud rumbling which got gradually louder and then this huge aircraft flew over and I swear it must have been inches off the tree tops!! I'm sure it would be higher, but from where we were it looked really low. It was amazing to see it. The size was very impressive. I think it was an RAF carrier plane.

aye Jamie we live on top of a hill and the transporter planes fly below our home approx 100ft off the ground and then rise to clear the forest and then out over Wigtown bay ....... when the fighters do it you can see the pilots! its just a matter of time before they hit the windfarms
Brian

Back