GemRed Bevel Box died?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a GemRed bevel box from Axy, had it for a few years but only used it once or twice. Doing some mitres at the weekend went to get it out, dead. Battery I thought. Put a new battery in and still nothing, I got a brief glimpse of numbers twice on the screen but couldn't get them to return.

Anyone else had similar or solution?

Put a new battery in and still nothing

Is that new as in just purchased

or

New as in one you had lying around at home ?

I have been caught out by putting what I thought was a new battery in only to find it was dead as well

Well it was straight out of the packet, but it was from home. It did flicker to life for a mili second twice, which would suggest it wasnt the battery?

Are they the small flat round type ?

I had a new ( in the packet ) spare for my digital calipers , it was flat when I fitted it

Went and purchased a new one and it worked fine

They are very susceptible to low or cold coin cell as I found one cold morning when it wouldn't work properly until the coin cell reach normal room temperature.

Well I will buy a new battery and warm it up for a few hours before trying it again. It'd be a shame to not have it, when needed it was a good bit of kit.

One thing with these little angle boxes is the off button only turns off the display they use a littel bit of power to remember the last zero that you set. If you don't use it much take the battery out and it may last a bit longer.

Machine DRO who do the original Wixey ones sell packs of 5 batteries very cheaply

http://www.machine-dro.co.uk/spare-parts.html

J

FWIW all these types of battery have a ltd shelf live, so if the shop you buy them from have had them in stock a long while.................................... The good ones have a date of manufacture on them.

You see a lot of them for sale on ebay, usually cheap as the shelf life is close or long gone, although some sellers do stock good ones.

Latest posts

Back