gas bottle woodburner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymarky

Established Member
Reaction score
finally got around to making the winter workshop heater, tools to build; a drill and a 8mm metal bit, 8 inch angle grinder, a welder. after 1/2 a hour i come up with this (some very dodgy welding not shown in detail #-o )
tested last night (out side) - worked fine, so i think i`ll now move on to building a more refined version perhaps with a horizontal bottle setup.
thought i would post some pictures. if anyone else has made one please feel free to post pictures of your burner (not that i`m looking for ideas or anything :D )
hoping this could be the keep yourself warm this winter thread.
calor-1.jpg

calor2-1.jpg

cheers, mark.

thanks for the replies.
when i put the winter workshop heater i didn`t mean this one :oops: , a more refined version will be crafted by my fare hands in the coming weeks this one will be dismantled for scrap metal. i put this post up for ideas and other forum users experiences in making this type of burner. that said though it doesn't half kick out some heat.

I like it :eek:

I wouldn`t let it with in a 50` radius of my shop, but i still think it looks like you`ve had fun.

As for a workshop burner, a few years ago i fitted an old parkray in a mates workshop, we ran a couple of radiators off it with a pump & central heating tank, it works a treat.
The nice thing about the parkray was that it had a door with a good seal, it was placed in a corner by the shop door so that it was surrounded on 3 sides with non-flammable material & it`s worked for years with no problems.

Cheers.

have you lurked over on mig-welding.co.uk ? lots of info over there, especially solutions to the problem you will get with the hinge - looks good!

jim

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have visited Dale Farm to come up with an idea like that!!!!!!!!!

Roy

doorframe":76jqf64g said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have visited Dale Farm to come up with an idea like that!!!!!!!!!

Roy
I reckon that the same could be said of many of the sheds and woodwork projects on here. :wink:

Here is another bit of man fire for you.

I made this using the stainless drum from a washing machine.

fire1z.jpg

EddieJ":3v60egq0 said:
I made this using the stainless drum from a washing machine

man alive i`m loving that :D this will go on my list of things to make in the future. perfect for burning evidence, oh i mean rubbish. :wink:

Back