Gardening multi tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolf Garten is my choice. Start off with a hoe or rake, build up over time?
Bit pricy but well made and a heck of a range.

I am not so keen. The heads are ok, and the range is extensive but I don't have confidence in the handles. I have broken a couple in the past and although I used them fairly hard, I don't feel that I was misusing them. They both broke at the joint between the handle and the attachment point of the handle, where wood meets aluminium. I now have an aluminium version but it doesn't fill me with confidence beyond using it in preprepared soil.

I am not so keen. The heads are ok, and the range is extensive but I don't have confidence in the handles. I have broken a couple in the past and although I used them fairly hard, I don't feel that I was misusing them. They both broke at the joint between the handle and the attachment point of the handle, where wood meets aluminium. I now have an aluminium version but it doesn't fill me with confidence beyond using it in preprepared soil.
They are warranted? My handles have lasted years, no problems.

No for spacing seeds and plants. Its not really necessary depends how terrible someone is at knowing distances. Or can't eyeball a straight line.

Which lawn rake is it please @joshvegas - seem to be quite a few variants

Will find it later. Basically the scarifier with no wheels. First thing i did when opened it was cut my hand on it which was a bad sign for the moss.

Bit off topic, but I suspect this forum has more than it's fair share of green fingers, and we all love tools so 🤷🏻‍♂️.

My wife has caught the gardening bug pretty hard this year and it's her birthday coming up so I'd like to get her something related. First thing that came to mind was a gardening specific Leatherman, only to discover that they discontinued those some time ago.

Can anybody recommend an alternative of similar quality? She's also heard of Hori knives which seem versatile does anybody have any experience with brands and quality?
Bit off topic, but I suspect this forum has more than it's fair share of green fingers, and we all love tools so 🤷🏻‍♂️.

My wife has caught the gardening bug pretty hard this year and it's her birthday coming up so I'd like to get her something related. First thing that came to mind was a gardening specific Leatherman, only to discover that they discontinued those some time ago.

Can anybody recommend an alternative of similar quality? She's also heard of Hori knives which seem versatile does anybody have any experience with brands and quality?
Used wolf Garten click in tools for my gardening work they seem to stand up to it well, they don’t take up as much storage room either
Lowe loppers good too.
Japanese pruning saws good buy stay sharp for long time
Nawaki tools good, got two of their pruning step ladders

"Not sure that's true, one pair of hands equals one pair of seceteurs, maybe another as a spare. "

What if they are ambidextrous, then a pair in each hand and a couple of spares!

I am not so keen. The heads are ok, and the range is extensive but I don't have confidence in the handles.
You must have had too many weetabixes that day, I have really abused some of the handles and never had an issue, even using them on building work. I did have a trowel that the weld broke clean, very obvious there was zero penetration and it was replaced quickly without question and was part of a faulty batch but that was several years ago.

thanks for the replies guys, lots of good food for thought. I'm probably going to go for a Hori knife and/or Felco pruners. I'm a bit concerned about them going missing/getting left out, but we'll see :)

Back