Garden windmill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerTool

Established Member
Reaction score
Was asked to make a garden windmill to replace an existing one that's well past it's best.

Started with a framework of ply and battens glued and pocket-screwed together

Picture249Small.jpg

Cut some panels,and started making the top

Picture252Small.jpg

There's a lazy susan bearing in to let the top spin round

Picture253Small.jpg

Fitted the sides

Picture255Small.jpg

Put it roughly together whilst deciding what to do to it next

Picture258Small.jpg

Had a load of sapele offcuts from a local joinery firm,so cut them into shingles

Picture271Small.jpg

And fitted them (took a while..)

Picture273Small.jpg

Like the look of it as it is,but customer now wants it painting white with burgundy trim to match her house.
Ho hum.. :roll:

Will post pictures when it's painted and fitted.

Andrew

Looking good! I haven't actually made one of these but had to repair the blades of one recently, that had snapped in half due to the lovely summer we've been having, with lots of high winds. It took me about 3 or 4 hours to just remake the blades, so I can appreciate how good one is to finish!

Lazy Susan, very clever!

Don't paint it!

Andrew, have you got it hooked up to a generator...with the ever rising energy bills you could have hit on a profitable sideline :)

I like it, think I might do a copy and use the mill to grind peanuts for the birds, they could then perhaps come to my garden on a windy day for a feel.

devonwoody":qjrwzi5i said:
I like it, think I might do a copy and use the mill to grind peanuts for the birds, they could then perhaps come to my garden on a windy day for a feel.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back