Garden room plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo60

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about building something like this garden room. Dimensions are not critical but just thinking of OSB board sizes. I watched a video of a guy who does it commercially and he uses many threaded bars concreted into ground with a foot plate which the frame then sits in. Is there a massive benefit of this rather than a concrete slab base with blocks on, with gaps for ventilation?
Would anyone know of any plans available for something like this? I don't mind paying reasonable cost for them if good - would probably save me money long term.
Cheers
Garden room sketch.jpg

I know those videos. It does seem a quick system and probably good value.

Might be worth asking the video creator if they sell plans. Also I seem to remember that he want through the design process, might be worth looking at his backlog of videos.

I did not think you need anything too elaborate?

Just remember to make your side panels smaller than the width of the base by 8" if using 4x2 studs.

If you ply / OSB either side then the panel will be more rigid.

The roof joists abd the floor joists I'd make 6" deep.

Then felt epm or fiberglass roof covering.

Cheers James

Seems pretty straight forward @Robbo60, I put up an assemble yourself summer house for the sister in law about 6 years ago, she was on a budget so for the base I used the old concrete fencing posts I’d just taken out as I’d replaced her fence at the same time.
I simply dug some holes which were filled with concrete to make pads & then bedded the posts on these.

E482F538-A35E-4A99-A893-EF8774B7CB9E.jpeg

2 posts per 10’ run then removed the grass between them, laid weed membrane & covered with pea gravel, I’d use crushed glass if I was doing it now cheaper & the rats like it less.

4B569BA0-243B-4B8C-B1F9-CA1A1EAE0FC5.jpeg

then the base was laid on top.

3ED7D80A-6180-4D47-BB41-18AC25BE3C46.jpeg

when it was finished I put a decking skirt around the perimeter to tidy it up & slabbed the front, worked a treat & cost very little.

Cracked it again Doug. Even buying new posts probably cheaper than hardcore, hiring wacka plate and a cubic metre concrete. Any kits recommended

video of a guy who does it commercially and he uses many threaded bars concreted into ground with a foot plate which the frame then sits i
Oakwood garden rooms.

It's a great way of creating a foundation that is bearing on load bearing ground.
They are the best method where there are lots of trees or sub soil is a long way down.
They won't solve shrinkable clay soil issues - a slab acting as a raft would be better.

Ground screws do the same thing but aren't a DIY option as they require special equipment.

Latest posts

Back