garden furniture protection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyfxr

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made an Adirondack chair out of pressure treated Cedar decking. I have given it a coat of teak oil i had knocking about, the end grain fair sucked this up. Is this oil good for outdoor furniture as it will live out there all weathers.

Good for teak:)

I have started using Osmo UV varnish on my oak garden furniture - it has survived 1 Winter OK.

Rod

I built a couple of Adirondack chairs two years ago using Western Red Cedar leftovers from my boat build, I gave them a couple of coats of Rustin's Garden Furniture Oil and it's lasting really well, despite them being folding chairs they've been left outside most of the time. I'll be giving them another coat soon, but I reckon two years out in all weathers isn't bad going.

I made a set of Andirondacks with Western Red and gave them a couple of coats of danish oil and planning an annual top up. Seem to have withstood winter well enough!

Thanks for the replies, i used the teak oil as it was all i had and i had to leave them out in the rain, Smells nice to lol.
I will look at your suggestions

Teak oil is fine on ours - Out there rain and shine and apart from when they were covered, (when they got a bit of black spotting, probably due to lack of airflow), they are doing fine.

Quick rub down with green scourer and water in the spring, leave to dry in sun for a few hours, then whack on some more teak oil.

HTH

Greg

Back