Garden Fencing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispick

Reaction score
Curved-Top-Fence.jpg
Hi all I'm Chris and I want to replace the panel fencing in my garden for upright slats that run non stop around my garden but I have concrete posts to hold my existing panels. What should I do?.

Attachments

• Curved-Top-Fence.jpg
    Curved-Top-Fence.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 523
  • rsz_20200210_130727.jpg
    rsz_20200210_130727.jpg
    788.7 KB · Views: 293
Hi chris.did you want to keep the concrete post and gravel boards because they are on good condition?

The simplest option is to buy 6ft featheredge panels, otherwise you are looking at taking out all the concrete posts and replacing them with the type that are notched for arris rails.

Far more attractive fence panels than those in your photo are available.
They just slot in, five minute job for two blokes. They are not cheap but cheaper, easier and faster than what you propose.

As above. I have vertical panels between concrete posts like yours on concrete gravel board. They are much stronger than the panels that I guess have blown out in this storm.

How about.....?
Cut horizontal bevelled rails to fit into grooves and notched like this with enough meat on the front to fix boarding
Cheers Andy
Ps, hope you run faster than the dog :wink: :D

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1580591397000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1580591397000.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 179
Check out the neighbour's ? (Behind the dog kennel) - looks like the effect you want? If you also want to hide the concrete post on your side you could just run a strip (say 25x25mm) each side of post and plank over.

Paint the posts the same colour as the fence, someone near me had done it and they seem to disappear.

Pete

banjerbill":14hne4mp said:
Another case of someone joining, posting a question then disappearing into the ether. :?: :?: :?:

I am convinced that there is a fix for this if the forum software defaulted to sending notifications that a reply was available rather than default to no notifications. If later on notifications are not wanted them members can turn them off.
It is too easy when searching for help to find a forum via google, join and pose the question, probably in muliple forums and either forget or lose the route back to view any replies.

Similarly a default to ask new members to add their approx location can help members decide whether to offer face to face help or not.

Back