Garage Find Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markgas

Reaction score
Hi All , New here but not new to forums .
I'm not a wood guy , but I have acquired a large amount of 20+ year seasoned ,carefully stacked OAK , about half a garage full , all of it live edge ,some whole trunks ,cut into 7ft x 4" slabs , some 11ftx 1"×5" boards about 40 of those , 6 x4" posts or beams , it's been stored to season very carefully and the ends painted in a dull red paint , my problem is I cannot identify all of it , 2/3 looks like oak but I'm unsure of what the other 3rd is , and also I have no idea how to put a price on it , I have come here 1st to get help with identify it and secondly to guage interest in selling it,to enthusiasts ,rather than general public or dealers . everyone loves a garage find and I'm not interested in just selling it to a dealer . I have pictures please PM me if you can help identify it and give this clueless newb help or advise and I'll e mail you some pictures. Thank everyone . Mark

Hi Mark, and welcome to the forum.

Whereabouts in Essex are you? I'm in the NE near Halstead, and if you are somewhere near I could come and have a look. It shouldn't be too difficult to sort out what you've got.

You won't be able to sell it here. The forum powers-that-be are super-touchy about people selling stuff, particularly new members. However, I can give you some advice privately.

Hey Mike , I am currently in Grey's Essex ,
I completely understand the powers that be on the forum being cautious we have a similar restrictions on out boards ( classic vw van/campervan) ,
Very generous of you to offer to help me out ,I'm happy to cover fuel etc , I have some good photos and I'm happy to e mail them to you if you wish ,pm me and I'll send them along , the wood looks I real good condition ,
I can only see a couple of 15" boards that have a warp in the the rest looks very straight and stable ( no rot ) garage is dry with plenty of ventilation it was lumbered by a guy that obviously new how to cut and store it long term, and because I'm an enthusiast all be it in another feild , i thought I'd offer it to fellow enthusiast's rather than a dealer . PM me and I'll send you picture . Thanks Mike

Grays! You couldn't possibly be further away and still in the same county, I reckon!

I'll drop you a PM with my email address.

Hopefully those that pm me have had e mail with pictures ,8f not please re pm me , if anyone wishes to post the pictures I would appreciate that . Now thinking it might be best to split the load for those interested . Mark

Back