Garage door remote openers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Any electronics whizzes out there who can help with a dead remote for our garage door? It's got a Marantec opener (door is too heavy for an oldie to open!) and one of the remotes died several years ago. It was obsolete then, and like a twerp, I didn't get one of the programmable ones to pair with the surviving remote. Which has now died. Looking on Ebay, there seem to be hundreds of adverts for identical remote transmitters and receivers, all from China ("UK stock"!!). Not clear if one of these pairs could be used to replace the (working, removeable) receiver.
Any thoughts, or will I have to get used to rushing into the house to use the indoor switch? Or harden my heart, let the moths out of the wallet and spend the £100s+ that Marantec want for a replacement unit.

I had the same problem.
Bought a replacement no problem.
The skill is in reading the manual and getting the new remote paired with the motor.

Give it a go. Just take your time 😉

Bit of progress. Discovered the problem was mechanical, not electronic (a tiny bit of broken plastic) so should now be possible to clone it to an appropriate device. But which one out of the thousands on Ebay??

Please avoid eBay if there is anywhere else to buy.
I know this is a small battery operated stand alone device, but it still has the potential for issues.
Safety, security and interference wise.

Latest posts

Back