garage door problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boggy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an up&over garage door: Comfort 220.2 made by Marantec in Germany, installed about 10 years ago.
The door is controlled by remote control and sometimes opens spontaneously. I removed the cover thinking that spiders webs were causing a short but there was no sign of that.
Any ideas?

I read somewhere that sometimes these doors can be operated unwittingly by others nearby using key fobs that just happen to be on the same frequency as the door remote,no idea if that's correct or not but it is plausible.

When I had my garage door installed, several of my neighbors asked the installer for help on their doors. For years, these neighbors had been putting up with random opening and closing during the day, with no explanation. The technician quickly determined the affected systems were all from the same manufacturer and had never been changed from the default settings. Anytime one person opened or closed their garage door, the other doors within range of the remote would also cycle.

Unfortunately, clever thieves also know this.

Back