Garage Alarm Updating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
I have tried looking through the old, very old, security questions and answers but can't find what I am looking for. My workshop is the end of a double garage detached from the house by about 30' and it has an 30 year old wired alarm with contacts on both up and over doors, the rear door and window. The window has thick PVC screwed to the inside frame so even though there are contacts to the opening two windows, I doubt anyone would try entering there.

The control box is a one key operation that can be set to either zones 1 and 2, off or test, but as I am now getting automation to the two doors, I need to make alarm changes so that the alarm can be set or turned off remotely when entering the drive and remotely opening either door.

Question is, can I simply change the key operated control box for another unit that would have remote control? Obviously cheaper than a new system if I can.
Malcolm

The automated control box would need to be wired in parallel, to the key switch.
The new control box may have a facility for this.

Bod

No idea how that works. I just thought that if system was a wired one, changing the control unit in the middle would work, but have no idea on this. Have someone from an alarm company coming to have a look tomorrow.

28th Jan ---- Wanted to put in a new system , so am now considering that or adding another wireless system DIY, which has greater merit.

Latest posts

Back