Galvanised steel guttering.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I am doing exactly that. I suspect they may be dipped actually, but I am being super cautious as extra treatment is trivial. Thanks for taking the time to advise me. Adrian.

Totally hijacking the thread, sorry, the original (cast iron ?) gutters on my mid-terrace are leaking badly, I was going to replace them but is there any alternative I can try first?

Depends where they are leaking from. Are they blocked? Clean the gutters.
Are they leaking from connection joints? Lift joints and clean out and replace mastic.
Are they cracked? Replace that section.

Cast iron is a premium and good looking product and I would work hard to keep it. However, it does need maintenance. I wish I had cast iron on my house.

Thanks for that, its mostly leaking at a set of corner joints with some perforations near by. I'll try some metal filler and putting mastic into the joints and see where I amfrom there.

I've fitted this stuff mine was zambelli gutter. cutting out the downspout is done with the correct aircraft snips in a spiral then dress it down into the collector. the ends can be soldered but mine was powder coated. check out online installation videos.

Thanks Johnny. I ended up using the v groove method cut with a hacksaw, then aircraft snips. Then dress down into the hopper with a ball pin hammer, then spray through the hopper to the cut and dressed edge with zinc spray. Very neat and strangely satisfying. I am quite quick at it now.

Cut mine with a holesaw a few years ago, it is so thin it doesn`t really get a chance to get very hot it just pops through quite easy.
I will never fit plastic guttering again this stuff is far superior.

Ollie

Back