Galootish things to do and see in the Exeter area?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
One mainly for the Devonian contingent I think. A galoot - not me - is taking his holiday in Exeter in July and would be grateful for any pointers towards interesting places in the locale. Tools (obviously), green woodworking, rural life, blacksmithery, timber framing etc all of interest. I came up dry :oops: 'cos I've only been once for the Axminster show, and he's 4 months too early for that! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf
I would love to come up with a great list - but really don't know what to suggest. The Devon County show may be on around that time. They could have a trip to Axminster and see the new showroom! They could do a short woodworking course at one of the many schools in North Devon - DC's and David Savage'sto name two. But they should start saving for that!
Sorry can't be more help.
Cheers
Gidon

They now have direct flights to Ireland from Exeter.....

Rgds, jestfully

Noel

HI I got the details of these two from the CRAFTSMANONLINE web site.

They detail craft fairs month by month,so you van have a look at JULY for free, once you get to JULY. I subscribe to the mag, so I can look at dated for the whole year.

29 Totnes & District Show, Berry Farm, Pomeroy, Totnes Totnes & District Agricultural Show Ltd

30-31 and 1-6 Aug, Sidmouth International Festival, Arena Showground, Sidmouth Sidmouth International Festival

Both are shown as having crafts as part of a larger event.

hope this is some help

regards
JOHN

I've been a few times to the Sidmouth festival - they do have some international acts. Does that make it an international festival :?. It is very popular in these parts - too popular for my liking. If you don't make a sharp exit at the end of the performances good luck ever getting out of Sidmouth!
Cheers
Gidon

Latest posts

Back