Galootaclause...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
... Or how the jolly bearded fellow in rusty red is more organised in East Anglia than he is in Cornwall... :oops:

Every Yuletide, the denizens of the Old Tools List (10 years old today) do a secret santa thing - AKA Galootaclause. I don't sign up for it, 'cos I'm simply not organised enough to do my half of the giving. However for the past, ooo, 3? 4? years now, an unofficial Galootaclause has stalked my workshop air duct. Sometimes I remember in time and can recipricate. Other times the Easter Bunny gets an extra job... :oops: Anyway, here's what turned up over the weekend:

Now Clause's magic powers allowed him to "somehow" know I'd done this

recently to an auger bit of mine, rendering myself a trifle embarrassed in the 3/4" bit department. Now I can clean tools to a workable state, but this thing's polished. And look at that lovely fine lead screw. Just the job for hardwoods and sharp as a razor:

The other item is a fence for my beloved #043 in lignum vitae. A self-lubricating fence! How cool it that? And why didn't I think of it? #-o I had to give it a try immediately of course - just about room for the bench-on-bench between the WIP and a load of oak on the end of the bench:

And the finished result. 'Cos I had some of exactly the right size, and the countersunk heads were screwing with the alignment, I used some roundhead screws instead. A bit flashy, but they'll dim over time.

I'm sure Galootaclause's Little Elf will fill you in on all the details. :D

Thank you very much indeed, BB. =D> But I can't hang about here gloating - the Easter Bunny's already taking bookings... :lol:

Merry Christmas or other Festivity Of Your Choice, one and all. :ho2

Cheers, Alf

Bravo =D>

What a generous chappie that BB is.

Adam

What a good idea for the fence for the #43. Thankyou for posting this, I have a piece of lignum vitae that I have been looking at thinking there must be a good use for this odd timber, yet another tuit required. :roll: :D

I have a piece of lignum vitae that I have been looking at thinking there must be a good use for this odd timber

I had to buy mine. It's not easy (or cheap) to get hold of. But I have enough to make many, many #043 fences...

BugBear :(

Back