Galoot completes second project within a year shocker!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf,

Very nice box, must say the knob is not quite there, flatten it sounds like a good move.

I think you Dad will be pleased with it, I like having presents that where made for me. :D

Many thanks for your thoughts on this, folks. After much gazing and chin-pulling I decided it is wrong. But I also decided a slightly-less-than-perfect-design box was better than one without a lid 'cos I'd mucked it up and had no time to replace it. Cowardly, ain't I?
ph34r.gif
Flattening isn't a bad idea though, but descretion is the better part of valour. If worst comes to worst I'll smuggle it back into the workshop in a week or so and change it.
wink.gif

Anyway, by now you'll have worked out why I rarely actually make anything. I agonise over it all too much instead of just making something and being content.
rolleyes.gif
blush2.gif

Cheers, Alf

Alf - very nice box. I wouldn't worry about the knob - bet your Dad will love it. Design's a personal thing and you probably had your Dad's tastes in mind when you added the knob. So chances are it'll be spot on for him.
I love the joints and choice of wood.
Inspires me to make a box - really like the FWW one you made to. Sure I have that copy somewhere ...
Cheers
Gidon

very nice box alf what about a bottle of whisky to go with the truffles , :D

fww april 2003 no162 has some nice boxes .

Nice box Alf,

I'm sure that because you made it, it looks good and
it's got something of his in it, he'll love it.
On the m/f issue, if you fill it with cigars it's one thing
and if you fill it jewelry, it's another

TX

Box well-received. "What's wrong with the knob? I like the knob. It's just right." Ah parents. Bless 'em, eh?
rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back