Gaddafi death pictures video, (distressing for some)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shown to be the coward that most people like him are but....
the 'Rebels' have done themselves very little good, appearing to be just as bad as him, judging by the way he was treated after being found.

The whole affair imo has been tribal, he was a bedouin, and his tribe got to power after a coup and struggle over 40 years ago.

I heard there was panic buying in KFC as news filtered through that the colonel was dead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DNA or it didn't happen... I wouldn't trust the (raciest comments removed before it all kicks off) b'stds as far as I could throw them.

Pvt_Ryan":2dzadnla said:
I heard there was panic buying in KFC as news filtered through that the colonel was dead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ryan - Behave! =D>

Not the outcome I would have liked. The NTC would have gained much respect by putting him on trial. The truth about his alledged crimes would have (hopefully) come out, and he would have been shown as the tyrant we all beleive he is. Now we are left with speculation. A civilised execution (if such a thing excists) could have followed and justice served. If the 'new' Libya is nothing better than butchery in the street then there isn't much to look forward to.

I haven't watched the videos, and don't intent to. Been hearing about them all day on the radio. Could have been a good day. In my mind it's a sad day.

Roy

Did any one really think that the locals would do anything other than butcher Gaddafi? :?:

Trials, interesting information on dodgy international deals? they wouldnt be interested one bit.

As an aside, any nightmare dictator types must be missing a few nights sleep here and there :shock: . Also did any one else find Gaddafi's 'Jedi knight on acid' fashion sense amusing? :)

No skills":y6kx1h7z said:
Did any one really think that the locals would do anything other than butcher Gaddafi? :?:
The locals, no, but the new 'authority' , aka 'the rebels' , yes.

Then again they have the assassination of Bin Laden as an example of how to do things so..... .

Alive.....a constant potential rallying point for his supporters.

Dead ......

My concern is whether or not the relative freedom that women had will be curtailed if a strong Islamic party gains power.

The fate of Gaddafi was inevitable: every person fighting his supporters had either lost someone they loved themselves, or knew someone else who had. If any of you where in that situation, what would you do?

Just a thought

Mark

RogerS":276j88ik said:
Alive.....a constant potential rallying point for his supporters.

Dead ......

My concern is whether or not the relative freedom that women had will be curtailed if a strong Islamic party gains power.

Rog

I highly doubt it - Libyan women are far from meek and timid. At the end of the day - the Gov't needs to be for the people and by the people. Any new Gov't (if they have half a brain) will be mindful of what just happened to the previous regime.

Dibs

I've always been puzzled by the fact that it seems perfectly OK to kill someone during the fighting, but not afterwards if he somehow survives the shooting/bombing/missiles.

I understand that 'killing in cold blood' is deemed to be uncivilised, but if he deserved to be killed during the fighting, then . . . . . . ?

As the producer in Shakespear in Love kept saying, to me, 'Its a mystery!'

Isn't this just what happens to most dictators?

They either top themselves, are assassinated whilst in power, or they get 'lynched' when deposed.

Only rarely do they get to a Court.

And I agree with Mark. Very few Libyans would have been untouched by this man's brutal regime. He lived by the proverbial sword...

John

Back