G Threads

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just4Fun

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been searching for some plumbing fittings and find many which are specified as having G threads, such as G1 or G3/4. I don't know what that means. Every explanation I can find online dives straight in to very in-depth data without giving the very simple explanation I want. Is this the same as a "normal" 1 inch or 3/4 inch (for example) plumbing fitting as found on typical items like taps, black iron couplers, Tees etc?
To be as clear as I can be given my lack of knowledge, I need to know if a G thread is compatible with threaded non-compression household plumbing fittings.

Google is your friend.
BSP distinguishes between two types of threads. These are parallel threads (BSPP), which have a constant diameter, which are known a G threads, and taper threads (BSPT), whose diameter increases or decreases along the length of the thread, known as R threads.

Phil, thanks for responding but I am no further forward. You claim that Google is my friend but as I tried to explain, everything Google finds dives in to a lot of detail without giving me a clear answer. Your response is the same. I am still left with the simple question of whether G threads are compatible with common plumbing fittings. The answer is Yes or No so I guess I have a 50/50 chance ...

Back