FWW - What Issue?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxlalan

Established Member
Reaction score
Have any subscribers to FWW received a copy this week? If so, can you please let me know what issue it was. I'm asking because I just received the August issue in the post which a) seems a bit tardy and b) I'm sure I have already received it before (at least I have a copy on my bookcase)?

Cheers

Alan

August? #178 with the wipe-on finishes on the cover? That was the issue before the current one I have with boxes on the cover. The next one due isn't out yet it seems. How odd. More like the sort of thing PWW subs do. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

I took out a sub this summer and received no 179 as my first copy, nicely wrapped in a very tough vinyl bag. This week I received no 178 without any wrapping and looking as if someone had read it and put it back in the post!
Cheers, David

Ham":2euell83 said:
I took out a sub this summer and received no 179 as my first copy, nicely wrapped in a very tough vinyl bag. This week I received no 178 without any wrapping and looking as if someone had read it and put it back in the post!

Me too! Exactly the same!

Looks like I'm not alone then. My August issue (Wipe on finish cover) also looks battered! The issue with the boxes on (received some time ago now) was in good condition.

Cheers

Alan

They used to send them unwrapped and then starting bagging them. IIRC the last one I got was unbagged (although Fine Homebuilding was) but not too battered. Always amazes me that the direct mail/ subscription leaflets (about 10 per issue!!!!) never fall out!

BTW 180 is now showing as the current issue on their website:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/fw_currentissue.asp

Cheers

Tim

tim":3n732s8s said:
Always amazes me that the direct mail/ subscription leaflets (about 10 per issue!!!!) never fall out!

This always amazes me to :eek: . I assume theres a patent relating to it registered somewhere!

Alan

Back issues (often sent out in response to a complaint about not receiving subscription copies) seem to come without the plastic bag wrapper.

mine came this morning no/180 december issue, now if only i received pop wood at the start of month as whats on the cover and not the last day :cry: :cry: .

frank

Mine always come in a grey plastic bag except for the August issue which seems to have gone to all overseas readers unbagged :cry: which is probably why many went missing!

Like Frank, #180 arrived the other day.

Personally for a 30th anniversary issue, it is their ...

Last time I got in trouble for saying something before y'all have received yours. Guess I'll hold my tongue. :p

Mike

Yes my issue 180 arrived yesterday (2 days after my 2nd copy of August :? ). It was bagged and in much better condition!

Alan

Mine was bagged and arrived yesterday.

Alf":3ezern1h said:
Guess which article I read first?

Bandsaw jigs Alf? :lol: :lol:

Actually, it could have been one of two: Sand, scrape or plane or Buying old tools.

Which was it?

T

Back