FWW Basic Skills & Techniques

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

On Saturday I bought the Fine Wood Working book, Basic Skills & Techniques and for me it is absolutely excellent.

It takes you through joint fundamentals, routing, chisels, block planes, mortices, tenons, dovetails, mitres, planing and thicknessing, gluing, repairs, sanding, finishing, design, techniques and some example projects.

For anybody new to WW'ing it is an excellent buy at 4.95 GBP from WHS.

It even explains the difference between a low angle and a standard block plane. :wink:

IMHO it is excellent value.

Cheers
Neil

I very nearly bought this last month, but bought Collins' Complete Woodworking Manual instead.....then thought, for a fiver why not buy both. Went back the next day.....sold out :(

It was only a small WHS and the counter staff said that the lager stores had more in stock, so I'll get it yet.

Cheers

Howard

Sounds like a good book and bargain at that price.

I'll pop into whs this and pick one up.

Thanks for the tip Neil.

Matt.

Hi Howard

I also have Collins' Complete Woodworking Manual and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the FWW offering.

Hi Matt

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers both
Neil

And this is what the cover should look like,
017003_lg.jpg

Still not managed to find one yet. :(

Sawdust Producer":33angj3p said:
Can someone post the ISBN: for the book ?

That is the problem!

From the web site

Softcover Magazine, 8-7/8 x 10-7/8 in., 124 pgs., with color photos and drawings
Published 2005, ISSN 0361-3453, # 017003

Its not really a book, it does not have an ISBN but an ISSN and even with that the branches of WH Smiths, Ottikas and Waterstones in Stevenage could not find it listed on any of their suppliers systems. :(

Latest posts

Back