Furniture sprayer needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I could do with a part time sprayer, 3 days a week ish.
Anyone local with experience, or know someone?

Regards Bob

a dying breed.......bad enough to get a skilled car sprayer these days.....although they could do either job......
most I know have gone self employed.....or got outta the game because of the paperwork n Elf n Saftey....

Now then Bob , I don't like to sing my own praiseso_O but i have in my time sprayed garden fences , yeah i know impressive huh , an not little uns either some were almost 6 feet tall:eek:. Anyways i was thinking fences / furniture Both wood so how hard can it be :unsure: Go on Bob gizza job;);) and as a added bonus i mash a terrific pot of Tea:LOL:.

I can beat that mark! I watched the apprentice say 5 years ago and a task was spray tanning so I know a bit about spraying and business......

Cheers James

I had a job spraying hammer finish paint onto giant industrial washing machines many decades ago. But I'm retired now, and nowhere near wherever Bob is.
I did get a pint of milk a day as a perk of the job, though. Something to do with health and safety, I presume.

Spraying has been an on off hobby of mine for some time (big things like furniture and small thing like scale models) - even have my own DeVILLBISS gun (not cheap), just sprayed some internal doors for a client not 3 weeks ago - so impressed were they, they gave me an extra £100 !

But you are in matching green and though you might recall I offered to move some years ago when you offered a job on here, I'm settled now - sorry (Lol - as if you'd have given me the job :) - I wish.)

I do have plenty of experience spraying....air assisted airless, gravity HVLP, pressure pot etc etc

but unfortunately I dont live locally...and Im already rather too busy

I hope you find somebody good soon -be careful of car sprayers...prima donnas

To do what exactly?
Water based or oil?
What substrate?

A decent sprayer won't care - each has it's difficulties to watch for, all of which can be easily dealt with, with the right experience. Going by what Dr Bob does, it will probably be both water and oil and a mixture of real wood or MDF.

My wife says I'm a decent sprayer in the small room! I just Blame my sons who are decent sprayers too!! 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers James

To do what exactly?
Water based or oil?
What substrate?

Spraying solvent based AC lacquer mainly, clear coat and colour. Our furniture is mainly handpainted on site so we send it out as a base primer with a colour as second coat. However some is top coated.
Michael my business partner runs the spray shop with 30 years experience. Over the years we have had some very good sprayers, they have left for various reasons, career change, retired, set up on their own, we have also had some terrible ones which lasted less than a few days, it's the sort of job where bulllshiit is found out very quickly. Usually 10 mins gives you a good idea of spraying skill, or even watching some one prep shows their ability, finish is only as good as your prep.

You would be spraying stuff from small items such as drawer fronts to large media units, just done one 2.4m x 1.5m (in 2 bits), takes a lot of skill, lots of angles.

We are a small team, we all get on and no one gets any hassle if they do their job.

Back