Furniture scriber branding outcome.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re different colours. i would say yes to differentiate the sizes when looking for them in the bottom of the tool box. can i suggest red, white and blue.

I thought people who contributed to my thread regarding branding the furniture scriber I've designed would like to know the outcome. After much thought I opted for using my url to go on the side of the scribers (for reasons not worth going into again).

I decided to have a stamp made which wasn't cheap but I'm pleased with the results. Apart from giving a quality feel to the tool I can do the branding myself rather than involving a third party which can be problematic. The company I used was Chalco Stamp and Die.

I ended up purchasing a second hand hydraulic press as the press I have isn't man enough which meant a trip up to Sheffield but I got it for a real bargain and it will come in useful for other jobs in the workshop.

I've added a thinner version of the scriber to the range so there are now three to choose from.

Thanks for all the people who contributed to the development of this tool. If you remember the first version had a wingnut to tighten the delrin body and a woodscrew to hold the pencil (my attempt to make it as cheap as possible) but I was quite rightly castigated!

I've included an image of the original scriber I made many years ago which started this all off.
Phil.
tooleypark.com
All looks very gorgeous!

Re colours, one for and one against so far.
Thanks Pils for kind words.

I've sold a couple abroad now. These were bank transfer transactions rather than paypal which is how most people pay.

I'm not used to selling abroad so finding my way a bit.

Both bank transfers are not showing in my account yet. The first payment was made on Thursday morning (that was Europe).
the second was from the States yesterday morning.

Question to people who sell abroad, is it usual for these transfers to take days to complete. I'd like to know I've received payment before sending scribers out but it's not great customer service for the customer to have to wait too long to receive their goods.
Thanks
Phil.

My experience, even a UK UK transfer can take two or three days.
My experience is -- less than an hour for UK-UK -- the only delays I see are eBay/Paypal refunds which can be 14 days or more.

Last edited:
Bank transfers will take a few days. The EU is issuing /has issued directives to stop banks going slo-mo on these but they obviously doesn't apply on this case.

The problem is most banks still work off a daily ledger process dating back to when this was all done by hand.

Day 1; US bank remits money to US clearing bank.
Day 2: US clearing bank remits money to UK clearing bank(note 1)
Day 3; UK clearing bank remits money to your bank
Day 4; your bank remits money to you(note 2)

Note 1: actually goes through US Treasury and Bank of England but let's not complicate things)
Note 2: no reason this can't be done same day except banks like to hold on to money to send it out in overnight lending)

I love your product and will be getting one when budgets allows.

Latest posts

Back