• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Furniture Restoration Timber For Sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt@

Established Member
Reaction score
I am selling my stock of old and period timbers used in conjunction with my antique furniture restoration business as amassed during the last 30 odd years. There is a mixture of hardwood and softwood mainly mahogany ie different species and some pine. Numerous drawer sides, bases, mahogany dining table leaves ( no sets), turned legs all the usual stuff that this type of business uses. Probably enough to cover the floor of a SWB Transit and go 18" up the sides. Most has been dry stored but some has been covered in plastic outside for last 2 years so will be bit damp. There is no period walnut and hardly any period oak. No veneers, just the timber is available although there are some veneered pieces. Its hard to put a value on all this nowadays but I'm looking for around £300.00 the lot but thats negotiable. This is all about clearing space - the money side is secondary to me. Currently, the timber is at my home address north of Bristol packed in and not properly photographed so no pics at the moment. If I get enough interest, I will segregate most of it and have some photos available but I'm not going to spend half a day doing this only to find no one wants it! If no one does want it, it will all be skipped which seems such a shame as alot of this is around 150 years old. This is an ideal opportunity for someone in the trade or setting up in the trade ( if anyone is doing this !) to add to their collection of scrap period timber at a low cost. Bear in mind the quantity as you will need some storage space. Buyer must collect in one go and please serious enquiries only as I am busy! Prefer messages via PM to start with and I will try and answer any questions, happy to chat on phone also if that helps.

yes thats correct and the £300 is negotiable. You would have to pay alot of money for this years ago, this is a genuine chance for someone to get their hands on this for not much money

John Brown":1p20jfu9 said:
I am north of Bristol and might be interested in some, but I couldn't take it all.

really sorry but I need it all gone as one lot.....

Pfft, don't bother with the skip.

giphy.gif

Trevanion":29oiq54g said:
Pfft, don't bother with the skip.

giphy.gif

lol I used to have access to a field and burned a load of stuff, sadly no longer so its actually not that easy to dispose of things you dont want. I think you would be hard pushed to put a dining leaf on that fire :D

Matt, I wonder if sticking this on a lutherie forum might attract some interest? Some of those woods are in demand for guitar making and it sounds like quite a lot of it would produce useful stock for various bits.

u38cg":yyn0mtih said:
Matt, I wonder if sticking this on a lutherie forum might attract some interest? Some of those woods are in demand for guitar making and it sounds like quite a lot of it would produce useful stock for various bits.

that sounds a good idea.... I think the mahogany leaves might be usable for that as being so old would be very stable. I will take a look and see what forums are around. Thank you :)

Worth a try with luthiers. I'd have expressed interest if I weren't in Suffolk.

Hmm, I know a Bristol based luthier - I'll point him at this thread.

Matt@":1i15b5gq said:
John Brown":1i15b5gq said:
I am north of Bristol and might be interested in some, but I couldn't take it all.

really sorry but I need it all gone as one lot.....
Understood.
I only have old Mercedes estate. Otherwise I might consider it...
I might have a word with my neighbour. He might actually use it, rather than just hoarding it..

I’d love some of it, but can’t take it all. If it’s going to end up in a skip, any reason to not sell some of it?

Could take a car load and give you some cash

I would be able to take the full amount. I need to check with my son who lives in Cheltenham to see when he could collect it during the week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LoftyDave":3rsymlye said:
I would be able to take the full amount. I need to check with my son who lives in Cheltenham to see when he could collect it during the week.

Dave, I have PMd you my mobile number, let me know here if you dont get it

THE WHOLE LOT IS NOW SOLD SUBJECT TO COLLECTION , BUYER HAS ARRANGED TO COLLECT THURSDAY

Thanks for all the interest and really sorry I could not split it for those that wanted that.

POWERTOOLS - no skip required :D

Matt,

Just to say a big thank you for helping my son with the pick up of the timber. Quite a range of good material to work with which is much appreciated and will keep me busy for quite a while.

All the best,

Dave

Back