Funny dog names

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also a cat called Eric - thought we were unique! Another called Deefer - D for Dat (Dat being what my then very young daughter called Cats!). Also had Del Boy and Rodney who were brothers and really did live up to their names - one was smooth and charming and a hit with the ladies - the other was a right plonker! And currently one called Ping! (the exclamation mark is part of her name) because that's what she does!

My wife also had cats called Frank and Little Joe, both were female but their gender was kept quiet and they were given boys names because her then husband insisted he was allergic to female cats. He wasn't :)

monkeybiter":10sop1o9 said:
Cat called Charley [Charles on Sundays] because he sounds like Kenny Everett. Also known as the furry cowpat.

Not another white and ginger cat by and chance? We have a white and ginger female by the same name (named after HRH due to the size of her lugs) and assorted other ones. She comes with us (every sodding time) for walks from the house.

I've had two cats independently called Zero (both sadly departed) now referred to as Zero One and Zero Two.

Then there was Merlin so named due to having three "magical" feet with 6 pads and the fourth with seven.

I've had numerous lizards, a right handful of birds, several dogs and a good few more cats over the years. I'll save you all from naming them one by one!

We had an all black cat (called Harry) then shortly afterwards adopted an all white cat so he was called Negative.
film photographers will understand

There was a letter in the Telegraph a few weeks ago from a lady who had called the family's new Labrador puppy Soup. The reason was that every time she visited the butcher and asked for some bones, the butcher asked, "Are they for soup?". She felt that at last, she could legitimately reply that they were indeed for Soup.

We named the Blackbird which lives in the woodland behind our house Okie Dokie because of its song

Tweet-tweet-tweet-okie-dokie-tweet-tweet-tweet

:p

I'm going to call my dog bobo, because it resembles a clown, it would be hilarious calling it in for something to eat.

lurker":1lzryyd2 said:
We had an all black cat (called Harry) then shortly afterwards adopted an all white cat so he was called Negative.
film photographers will understand

I have embarrassing memories from my teens, because on my second day in the RN, I didn't know what 'Negative Caps' meant! It didn't mean the opposite of positive for sure. And as one cap was black, and the other was white, what did they expect me to surmise! :oops: :lol:

Years ago the late great Val Doonican told a joke about some posh neighbours who called their dog Fido. When someone commented that it was a very common name the neighbour replied " ah yes, but we spell it phydoh".
I think Val was one of the great entertainers, and he didn't need to swear to get a laugh. Ken Dodd likewise.

K

I saw Ken Dodd a few years ago (I took my mum as my dad was ill). I wasn't looking forward to it. Not my thing and I was 40 which lowered the average age of the audience.

He was brilliant!

I never knew he went on for hours and hours. For me one of the funniest things was when someone arrived about 5 mins late. He stop the show and spoke to the person and said not to worry about being late, he'd start again - and he did! Same jokes again but even funnier when everyone knew what was coming.

Very talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Discostu, A similar thing happened to me about 15 years ago. I was offered a ticket by my mother in law but I wasn't keen to go as I remembered him from his diddy men days (a bit weak). As you said, he just went on and on, firing jokes with such professionalism. I was weak with laughter. I have admired him ever since. Never got to see Val Doonican live though.

K

Frank S":1gxzegjw said:
How did this thread get hijacked !!!!
F.
Don't know but it's got me all discomnockerated

My dog is called Seamus, that's not the first line of a joke.

dedee":2az4xm0e said:
We had a cat called Trex, after the cooking fat.
I don't normally post 'that was funny' responses but I just laughed so hard I think a bit of wee came out!

I know it's simple but it just made me laugh.

On a related note we have a Molly & Maggie and we were on the beach when I called Maggie back to me.

'Ruined this effing country' said a bloke nearby and just wandered off!

Back