Full face dust masks.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess it all depends on the wearer, and how they feel about their lungs.
Really ?.
If thats the case and you've a £700 filter unit+ not including the actual face mask, why did you shell out for a trend ?.

And of course a dust mask doesnt keep the environment dust free, so what did that cost ?, and to be that dust free, its going to be a £4K affair.
At least

How nice it must be to have such an income to afford such high end equipment. Us normal workers here only have cheapo crud. But then, we obviously dont care about our lungs.

:sleep:

Really ?.
If thats the case and you've a £700 filter unit+ not including the actual face mask, why did you shell out for a trend ?.

And of course a dust mask doesnt keep the environment dust free, so what did that cost ?, and to be that dust free, its going to be a £4K affair.
At least

How nice it must be to have such an income to afford such high end equipment. Us normal workers here only have cheapo crud. But then, we obviously dont care about our lungs.

Not sure where you have the idea I "shelled out for" a Trend from, I joined the conversation when someone mentioned seeing a Sundstrom for sale. Be happy with your purchase if it suits your purposes - others may have different needs.

Sorry. My mistake. I've quoted you but was replying to Blister.

Either way though, I think Trend and others like the axminster are more than sufficient and the comment about lungs is a bit misplaced, given the vast majority here isnt likely to be using such, and more likely be using 1/2 masks or even paper ones. Bit of a slur against everyone that they dont care about their lungs and only people using thousand quid industrial affairs are.

Sorry if i got a bit annoyed about that.

Last edited:
I have taken a day to think of a reply to your very strange post
Really ?.
If thats the case and you've a £700 filter ( How do you know I paid £700 for the filter ? Fact is I was lucky on ebay and paid £200 , I only buy what I can afford and nearly all my tools are second hand ) unit+ not including the actual face mask ( Again how do you know it did not include the face mask ? The one I purchased did include the face mask , Hose and belt mounted filter unit ) why did you shell out for a trend ?.

( Once agin you got it wrong , Please read " I had as in I no longer have , and the had was before the powered resperator )

And of course a dust mask doesnt keep the environment dust free, ( At last something correct , To try and address this I keep the resperator on 90% of the time I am in my workshop , I also have a Jet filter unit hanging up from the roof the filters air ) so what did that cost ?, ( From Memory about £125 plus the new filter set ) and to be that dust free, its going to be a £4K affair. ( Is it ? ) At least

How nice it must be to have such an income to afford such high end equipment. ( Unbelevable , Now you are judging me ) Us normal workers ( That's me as well If I was a high earner I would buy everthing new ) here only have cheapo crud. But then, we obviously dont care about our lungs. ( Yes it looks that way, I find that quite sad , same as people who smoke they don't care either )

Anyway , I won't be posting in any of your threads , I thought I could help with my finding / 20+ years of hobby woodworking / Woodturning and as a thanks you decide to berate me . Now where is that ignore button , Bye

Judging you ?. You started the troll mate by claiming everyone without such gear doesnt care about their lungs. Hows that not you being judgemental ?

The trend and all is as good as any, and I'll guess as good as a £1000 affair.
The regulations of what its capable of is quoted and while you might not agree, the government and health and safety certainly does.

Teh difference with the 3m, is the 3m is industrial rated, for areas without any sort of extraction, and mainly in the realm of vapor's as in welding.
Wearing such in a workshop is overkill, or do you have an extractor hose sitting on your head spilling out the dust directly on top of it. What a ridiculous thought.

The 3m is very expensive, but you're claiming all can afford as ebay or wherever is inundated with 2nd hand ones. Obviously not so the 'odd post' seems to be you lording it over anyone who doesnt have one.
I saw it was a troll from the start, rather than answer the question on affordable respirators.
Mine is £200 new, so thats the price range im and others are in but you come along, dis the trend on a bunch of nonsense about fine dust sanding and oh look at the one I HAVE, so much better and nobody else is caring about their lungs. The trend is caring about your lungs and it is as said good enough for HSE.

I see a similar vein in your other posts.

Reply or no, but a troll always comes across as a troll, be it forum or social media.

Ive got a good respirator, whether you think it is or not. The lungs comment is a complete joke and a slur against everyone.

I think the subject is a bit like hearing protection. Some people are under the wrong impression that not wearing hearing protection for little bits of work will be fine. When in fact noise has cumulative affect on your hearing loss.
The same applies to lung protection. If you create wood dust on a regular basis then it would make sense to have the best protection you can afford. A half mask with P3 filters will offer more protection than the Trend powered respirator.
I worked in a nasty place for 2O years with no protection, they would do dust sampling in the winter when it was raining. I developed industrial rhinitis.
I do everything I can to not make my condition worse hence spending a decent amount of money on protection. I wear it as soon as I entre my shed and blow my clothes down when I leave.

Sorry to here about your condition , I agree 100% and as I have allready said I keep my reperator on 90% of the time , Only when I first enter the workshop after 2 / 3 days do I not put it on , Then as soon as I start doning any work on it goes and on goes the Jet air cleaner unit , It's on a remote control ,

Back