Full extension drawer runners?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently decided to fill in the gaps in my bench and router table with full extension drawers. I did the first large drawer yesterday, and fitted it to some B&Q 450mm runners. Wow! I've never used these things before - it's really made great use of the space below my bench where I used to chuck all my power tools!

On to my question: these B&Q jobbies are fine - but a little pricey - £12.50 a pair. Does anyone know of any cheapers ones? Screwfix do some runners which look the same, but they don't say they are full extension - anyone know if they are? Woodfit and Isaac Lord's are more pricey than the B&Q ones (probably tougher though). I am after probably another 3 or 4 pairs.

Thanks,

Gidon

Gidon, like you I've been looking for full extension runners for years and simply won't pay big £s for the likes of Halfe (bad spelling, I'm sure). Just been using the cheapie white ones that don't extend too far. So any news on affordable ones would be great.

Noel.

Hello,

I've used the zinc plated screwfix drawer runners ( Ref 51598) on page 126 of catalogue 76 and can confirm that they are the fully extending type and work really well. Also half the price of Hafele!

David

David - thanks. Just what I wanted to hear! Only wish Screwfix would sort themselves out!!

Noely - not sure if you get B&Q where you are but if you're desperate (can't wait for Screwfix) their ones really aren't bad if a bit expensive.

Cheers

Gidon

(ps for those who are dying to know the price comparison: 450mm pair - Screwfix £5.00-6.99 (depending how many you buy), B&Q £12.49, Woodfit/Isaaclord ++++!)

Gidon/David

Thanks for this information. I would have been using full extension runners for years if I could have found them at reasonable cost. Nice to know there is finally a reasonable cost option.

I often find this with DIY projects around the house as well. For example a few years back I wanted a contemporary column radiator. Mad prices for designer kit and ended up with a miserable pressed steel one instead. These are now available in B&Q and everywhere. I always seem to be slightly ahead of the mass market.

Roy

I get the same runners from ironmongery direct, they are a bit more expensive although still cheaper than what you have said for B & Q but the beauty is they come in sizes rising in 50mm increments from 250mm to 700mm.(450mm 6.75+vat) They are called filing cabinet runners.

www.IronMongerydirect.com

well worth ordering a catalouge for top end and unusual fittings.

hope this helps

steve

Thanks Steve - I've ordered a catalogue too!
Roy - agree B&Q has a fair bit of stuff which is handy when you can't be bothered with an online order.
Cheers
Gidon

Latest posts

Back