Full Extension Drawer Runners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shultzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm after 450mm Full Extension Drawer Runners. Isaac Lord sells them for £11.47 and Buller for £4.69 a pair. That's quite a difference in price and the Isaac Lord are rated at 30kg where the Buller are rated at 45kg. These are for drawers under the workbench I'm making which are 965mm wide.

I looked at those runners from Screwfix Wizer, but because their blurb didn't mention "Full Extension" I discounted them. They are not far away so no postage.

I bought 6 pairs from B/Q at £13.00 a pair, (600mm) :cry: :cry: , I wish I had asked the forum first.

Rich.

Rich":2ivx1qli said:
I bought 6 pairs from B/Q at £13.00 a pair, (600mm) :cry: :cry: , I wish I had asked the forum first.

Rich.

AFAIK the B&Q ones are identical to the Screwfix ones. I bought 20 pairs as I was doing my whole kitchen. They are full extension and pretty smooth in operation.

I bought some of those Screwfix ones the other week from Slough Screwfix. Never used that type before and i was very impressed they run very smooth and look like they would take some weight.

PS I used the 550 ones

Hi, I'm using 2 sets of 750mm FE Buller ones under my bench.

One drawer has planes and chisels in and the lower one has all the electric drills, screwdrivers, planes etc.

Both drawers open to their full extent with no problem - I was surprised that they worked so smoothly as they are both carrying a fair bit of weight.

I'm very happy with Buller

David

Then there's always ebay. Paid £10 for 11 pairs (500mm) plus £7 postage. For the best local price take a screwfix catalogue down to B&Q. Show them the prices and they'll beat it by 10%. It's their price promise or at least it used to be. The only snag is that Screwfix only do 500, 550 and 600mm but B&Q Wearhouses usually sell all the sizes so this fiddle will only work on those sizes. I've done this before when buying Ryobi kit. Screwfix have specials on sets £99 for say a driver and jigsaw. B&Q price £149.99. Show them the Screwfix offer and they'll sell you the same kit for £89.10.

Nice tip Dom, the Liberty Ball Bearing Full Extension Drawer Slide (L)18 Inch at B&Q are £12.48, at Screwfix they are £6.99. I might try it as the two stores are only 100yds from each other.

Yeah should have said that the two stores need to be within I think 10 miles of each other. You should get those runners for £6.29.

Back