Fuel!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycktm

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anybody going to fill their fuel tank before Saturday,(not including the 10mpg brigade) ready for the protests? :)
Not me 8) ..................errr where's the car key's :lol: :lol:

eyup what protests? i'll be in the red by end o tmos so will be fillin up ne way, its 107p for derv hear

High fuel costs effects everyone,higher transport costs which the supermarkets pass on e.t.c.
The 10 mpg brigade will proberbly have to fill up before Sat anyway :wink:

im glad im in the 50+ mpg brigade whoo

i better fill up in the morning then as im taking my advanced drivng test on firday and its my 21st birthday on sunday so the miles will rack up

Fuel is too cheap and we're burning it up too fast as a consequence. The sooner it gets to its proper price the sooner alternatives will become economically viable. Stuff the 10mpg brigade, I'm blasting through on my m/bike.

White House Workshop":39k2mpk5 said:
The sooner it gets to its proper price the sooner alternatives will become economically viable.

What are the alternatives?

I live four miles from the nearest bus stop, 8 miles from the nearest town of any size and 20 miles from my place of work. I need a car with a reasonable bit of power as I live in an area that regularly gets cut off in winter by snow if you have a small car. Not all of us have the luxury of choice

Pete

WHW,

Fuel is too cheap and we're burning it up too fast as a consequence. The sooner it gets to its proper price the sooner alternatives will become economically viable

There is an silly person in the real White House who thinks like that :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Mr Jay wrote
Bodrighy wrote:
White House Workshop wrote:
The sooner it gets to its proper price the sooner alternatives will become economically viable.

What are the alternatives?

Electric.

It must be tough not being able to make choices.

I would buy a converted Ariel Atom (or the Wrightspeed X1) as they call it) if they were on the market but sadly it is a concept car and will never be put into production.

Cheers

Mike

Electric cars are not clean. They use electricity which is created by burning fossil fuels in large power stations. OK there is some nuclear and some green, but essentially electricity is a carbon-refined fuel, it's just that the emissions have already been made before the fuel is used.

I'm waiting for fuel-cell technology, powered by Green sources.

I know, dream on, Steve. :?

S

Steve wrote
Electric cars are not clean. They use electricity which is created by burning fossil fuels in large power stations. OK there is some nuclear and some green, but essentially electricity is a carbon-refined fuel, it's just that the emissions have already been made before the fuel is used.

Very cleaver Steve, I would never have thought of that one, and of course you are right. :lol:

Cheers

Mike

There are production electric vehicles and no doubt will improve and become more available in the coming years.

With Gas, unlike coal and oil, the CO2 can be captured at source (it's pumped back into the bedrock to flush out more oil) and when burned at the power station, right now, using existing technology - the proviso is space, CO2 is about 3 times the volume of carbon and needs to be temporarily stored before being pumped back into some suitable bedrock. Given a suitably equipped power station Gas, despite being a fossil fuel, can be a very clean fuel.

There is no major technical hurdle to a new generation of relatively abundant, cheap and clean electric power.

I have been thinking about upgrading my vehicle, but it runs sooo quiet :D

image.jpg

What do you think?

Don't like to rain on anybody's parade, but with beer being at, or in excess of £2.50 a pt, I think for the distance you travel on a litre of fuel has got to be better value.

OK I'll get me coat

Oh I don't know Waka, you haven't seen me when I drink beer I must do hundreds of miles to the WC and back. Or is it my age? :?

Back